Saturday, September 20, 2008

Moorish Stockings for Summer Part II

I took this photo a while ago. I'm pretty sure the knitted bit on the left was the wrong size and shape and got frogged to be knitted into the right size and shape.

The yarn is Camila from Elann.com. 50% cotton, 50% linen. 113m/50g. Color 8007. I can't tell you what they call this color because it's not currently available. Despite what it looks like in the picture, the yarn is a slightly purple-ish grey.

The needles are Addi Aluminum double points in 3.25mm size, which is approximately a US size 3, but not close enough to size 3 be mixed with size 3 needles from other manufacturers.

The pattern so far: Cast-on 80 sts. Knit in stockinette until almost out of the 2nd skein. Bind off loosely.

They're going to be a bit shorter than I'd really like, but I'm sure I can live with it, as they'll also be a lot cooler for having less fabric scrunching around my lower leg.

No comments: