Saturday, September 20, 2008

Productive Craft Day

A couch to Dye for

The burgundy procion I have is very muddy, so I mixed it with scarlet. Unfortunately I don't think I had enough dye and the slip cover to my couch is now VERY interesting.

Charitable warmth

The first scarf of this winter's charity knitting is about 14" long. Off-white acrylic in brioche stitch. 20 sts wide on size 8 needles.

Skirting the Issue

Sewed another seam on the skirt where I'm trying out a seaming technique I learned from the Attack Laurel's blog. There is one more panel to sew in. If my math worked after that I'll be ready to add the waistband and sew the hem. If my math didn't work, I'll be adding more gores to make room for my butt.

You Spin me Right Round, Baby

All of the Jacob is spun into 2-ply. I took the pictures of the yarn off the camera today (they'll get their own post when I decide which ones to upload). While I did finally figure out how to use the macro setting on my camera. Unsurprisingly, I'm not happy with the focus. I really need to get a tripod so I can mess around more with my camera's settings. A light tent wouldn't be a bad addition, either, but shooting outside would probably be easier to store :)

Fuzzy Yak

My wee tiny Golding spindle and I had some more fun with mostly pink yak down. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with this stuff when it's all spun up.

No comments: